Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lost on the river

Hi folks. Well you aren't gonna believe what's happened. This morning Little Pablo and I headed down to the river just below where Mr. Potatohead disappeared. It was quite a climb down a very steep hill but we finally got to the bottom and we saw the marks where he skidded all the way to the river. We called and called for him but we got no answer. After several hours of scouring the riverbank we were about to give up when his hat and an empty Corona bottle drifted by in the current. That was so hard to watch. We managed to grab his hat but we found no other sign of him anywhere. Finally we gave up and climbed back up the cliff to the campground. Dave was sad to hear that we had no luck finding Mr. Potatohead and he called Search and Rescue and asked them to send a search party. They did and they floated the river for hours but had no luck either. Finally Dave said it was time to go home and that Mr. Potatohead (if he was still alive) would have to find his own way home. We didn't want to leave him but we finally packed up our stuff and headed out. It was sure a quiet ride home. Pablo sobbed most of the way and I just tried to keep my mind off it by thinking about what Kim wanted done around the house when we got home. I sure hope Mr. Potatohead is OK. I miss him already and he's only been gone 24 hours. I hope he finds his way home. It must be awful being in that cold water all alone. I hope he's OK. I better get going. Bye for now.

Mrs. Potatohead